Elite Community Sports Coaching CIC
Is to work with communities to harness the power of sport and physical activity as a tool to engage and inspire, raise aspirations and positively impact the lives of the people we work with.
To do this we work with primary schools, secondary schools, colleges, universities, community clubs and regional partners in
Wakefield and beyond, collaborating on projects around a number of key areas such as; health and wellbeing; skill development, education and training; and creating positive communities.
Health and Wellbeing
- Physical Activity
- Mental Health
- Physical Literacy
- Obesity Management
- Nutrition and Lifestyle
- Outdoor Education
Skill, Education and Training
- Vocational Qualifications
- Ambassador Programmes
- Raising Aspirations
Creating Positive Communities
- Diversionary Activities
- Role Models
- Community Cohesion
Over the past 3 years we have worked on a number of community projects delivering to over 1,000 people across the North of England in partnership with Wakefield Council, StreetGames, Children’s First Hub, Rugby League Cares, Leeds Community Foundation, Primary & Secondary Schools and the West Yorkshire Police. For example:
- Leeds Healthy Holidays 2019, working as part of the Leeds Community Foundation and Streetgames network, awarded funding to provide a free summer programme engaging over 80 school aged children with a wide range of fun activities and free meals in one of the most deprived communities in Leeds.
- National Lottery Awards for All, awarded funding to develop a community engagement programme based at The Hut in Airedale, engaging local residents in a range of activities such as Yoga, Circuits, Multi Skills and Dance.
Liam Parker, Rugby League Cares, Health Manager:
- Fun, Friendly and Approachable Coaches
- DBS Checked
- Safeguarding Approved
- First Aid Qualified
- Specific Sports Coaching Qualifications – Minimum Level 2
- Coach CPD and Development :athways