Elite Kids Coaching
Community Sports Coaching CIC
Is to work with communities to harness the power of sport and physical activity as a tool to engage and inspire, raise aspirations and positively impact the lives of the people we work with.
To do this we work with primary schools, secondary schools, colleges, universities, community clubs and regional partners in
Wakefield and beyond, collaborating on projects around a number of key areas such as; health and wellbeing; skill development, education and training; and creating positive communities.
Over the past 3 years we have worked on a number of community projects delivering to over 1,000 people across the North of England in partnership with Wakefield Council, StreetGames, Children’s First Hub, Rugby League Cares, Leeds Community Foundation, Primary & Secondary Schools and the West Yorkshire Police.
- Leeds Healthy Holidays 2019, working as part of the Leeds Community Foundation and Streetgames network, awarded funding to provide a free summer programme engaging over 80 school aged children with a wide range of fun activities and free meals in one of the most deprived communities in Leeds.
- National Lottery Awards for All, awarded funding to develop a community engagement programme based at The Hut in Airedale, engaging local residents in a range of activities such as Yoga, Circuits, Multi Skills and Dance.
Health and Wellbeing
- Physical Activity
- Mental Health
- Physical Literacy
- Obesity Management
- Nutrition and Lifestyle
- Outdoor Education
Skill, Education and Training
- Vocational Qualifications
- Ambassador Programmes
- Raising Aspirations
Creating Positive Communities
- Diversionary Activities
- Role Models
- Community Cohesion
Liam Parker, Rugby League Cares, Health Manager:
‘Elite coaching have supported the Rugby League Cares Back Onside project for over 18 months. They have been instrumental in delivering the project to over 1,000 men who were previously disengaged with exercise. As the coaching team are experienced coaches, who were the perfect partner to deliver the multi-sport curriculum. Largely due to the sessions delivered by Elite coaches, the project has allowed men to create a network of ‘Back Onside clubs’; which provide a safe, welcoming environment where men can meet ‘men like them’, have ‘banter’, ‘fun’, and feel confident speaking about activity barriers, their needs and their aspirations. Utilising the EAST Behaviour change model, Elite coaches have empowered men on the project to sustain their own activity habits at home, including goal setting, planning for setbacks and remove obstacles to physical activity. Elite has the participants interest at heart and their fun and flexible sessions have allowed men to feel welcomed into the Back Onside programme and make positive lifestyle changes’.
- Fun, Friendly and Approachable Coaches
- DBS Checked
- Safeguarding Approved
- First Aid Qualified
- Specific Sports Coaching Qualifications – Minimum Level 2
- Coach CPD and Development Pathways